Nominations may be submitted by the applicant peers, staff from their municipality, other municipal officer or a fellow clerk.
The Rookie of the Year Award will be chosen on the following Criteria:
1. City Clerk who has been in the profession for five years or less.
2. Performed an outstanding job in his/her community.
3. Resolved a difficult problem in his/her community.
4. Provided strong leadership during a crisis.
5. Brought new vitality and professionalism to his/her community.
6. Commitment & Involvement to the Municipal Clerks of Kansas.
A selection committee consisting of the Institute Director, immediate past president and a past award recipient will review all nominations.
The past award recipient to serve on the selection committee shall be selected by the current President of the City Clerks and Municipal Finance Officers Association.
In the event any committee member is unable to complete his/ her service and a replacement must be selected by the President of City Clerks and Municipal Finance Officers Association.
In the event only one application is submitted, the following procedure shall be followed: the selection committee shall review the application and may approve the award.
Presentation of the “Rookie of the Year” Award:
This award will be presented annually at the City Clerks and Municipal Finance Officers Association Spring Conference by the CCMFOA President.